- Feature Links
Sweetwater Authority's Privacy Notice
Automatically Collected Information
When you browse, read pages, or download information from the Website, Sweetwater Authority automatically gathers and stores certain technical information about your visit. This information does not personally identify you and includes the following:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- The type and version of your web browser (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer)
- Your operating system or platform (e.g. Windows, Linux, Macintosh)
- Date and Time you accessed information on the Website
- The pages you visited
- The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) that linked you to the Website
(1) Use of Automatically Collected Information
Automatically collected information is used to compile summary statistics which will help Sweetwater Authority make the Website more useful to visitors. For example, the statistics will show what information is of the most, and least, interest to visitors and identify system performance or problem areas.
(2) Disclosure of Automatically Collected Information
Unless otherwise required to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or orders from a court or government agency, automatically collected information is customarily used only as a source of anonymous statistical information and is not shared with anyone other than the Website's support staff or other appropriate Sweetwater Authority employees.
Voluntarily Provided Personal InformationSweetwater Authority does not collect personal information about you without your knowledge when you visit the Website; however, you may choose to provide such information to Sweetwater Authority in certain instances.
(1) Use of Voluntarily Provided Personal Information
If you choose to provide personal information to Sweetwater Authority via the Website, for example by submitting a "Contact Us" or registration form, or by email, your personal information will be used solely for the purpose for which it was provided.
(2) Disclosure of Voluntarily Provided Personal Information
Sweetwater Authority does not collect personal information for commercial marketing and, unless otherwise required by law, regulation, order of the court or government agency, it is only shared with Sweetwater Authority employees, entities for which Sweetwater Authority is acting as an agent, and/or entities acting as Sweetwater Authority's agent (an agent in this instance is defined as a third party that processes data only for the completion of the stated purpose) involved in processing data for the completion of the stated purpose. Sweetwater Authority will discard your personal information once such purpose is fulfilled.
If you believe that Sweetwater Authority has incorrect or incomplete personal information about you, please contact Sweetwater Authority at 619-420-1413.
(3) Security of Voluntarily Provided Personal Information
Sweetwater Authority is committed to ensuring that personal information you voluntarily provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized disclosure or access, Sweetwater Authority has implemented reasonable safeguards to secure information voluntarily provided online.
(4) Identity Theft Prevention ProgramSweetwater Authority has implemented an Identity Theft Prevention Program as required by the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act of 2003. All Sweetwater Authority staff members with access to your private information are trained to detect patterns, practices or specific activities that indicate possible identity theft and respond appropriately when possible identity theft is detected. Third party service providers hired by Sweetwater Authority to perform activities in connection with consumer accounts are also required to comply with reasonable policies and procedures to detect, prevent, and mitigate the risk of identity theft.
CookiesThe Website uses only non-persistent (per-session) cookies to aid users in setting browsing or navigation preferences. Per-session cookies serve technical purposes such as providing seamless navigation through Sweetwater Authority websites. These cookies do not permanently record data and do not collect personal data. These cookies are only available during an active browser session; they are not stored in your computer's hard drive and are erased as soon as you leave the Website.
Links to Other Websites
The Website may contain links to external websites. External websites, including Online BillPay, are not subject to this Policy, and you will need to review the privacy policies posted on those websites.
Changes to the Policy
The Authority has the right to change the terms of this Policy at any time on a going forward basis. The most recent version of the Policy can always be found at http://www.sweetwater.org/.