Sweetwater Authority offers customers a wide variety of rebates, grants and resources to help customers use water efficiently and save money. Click the tabs below to learn about available rebates, then scroll for additional resources.
- Premium High Efficiency Toilets Rebate: (1.1 gal per flush or less) Up to $40 each for residential and commercial. Urinals rebates are $200 each.
- High Efficiency Clothes Washer Rebate: Must meet CEE Tier 1 standards for eligibility, $85 available rebate. Check with SDG&E to see if additional rebate amounts are offered in conjunction with your SoCal WaterSmart rebate.
- Pressure Reducing Valve (PRV) (PDF): Sweetwater Authority is offering an incentive of up to $75 for the repair/replacement or install on PRVs. Please see rebate form for details and restrictions.
- This rebate program offers property owners in the unincorporated areas of San Diego County high-value rebates to help upgrade outdoor spaces. Rebates are made available through a partnership between the County of San Diego and the San Diego County Water Authority.
- Residential Landscape Transformation Program: This $3 per square foot rebate is open to both residential and commercial customers who have existing lawns and meet program eligibility requirements. It is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Customers must be pre-approved before removing grass or lawn. Funding is subject to change without notice. For more info and to get the process started visit socalwatersmart.com.
- Irrigation Sensor Controller Rain Sensor (PDF): Rain sensors shut off irrigation if they have sensed precipitation. This helps home owners from having to remember to turn off the irrigation when rain is forecasted. It costs $25 per device.
- Rotating nozzles apply water at a lower rate which decreases ponding and reduces runoff and misting. Rebate: $2 per nozzle, with a minimum quantity of 30
- $80 per controller; 1 acre or larger; $35 per station
- Rain barrels help collect rainwater from gutters and downspouts for use in lawns and gardens. Rebate starts at $35 per barrel.
- Cisterns: Rebates are based on cistern capacity: $250 for 200-500 gallons, $300 for 501-999 gallons and $350 for 1000+gallons.
- Soil Moisture Sensor System: Rebates start at $80, or $35 per sensor for larger residential sites.
- Carwash rebate (PDF): Customers are eligible to receive a reimbursement of up to $10 in the form of a rebate or a bill credit. Carwashes must be located within Sweetwater Authority's service area. Carwash provider must reclaim/recycle their water. Click here for a list of carwashes (PDF).
- Living Coast Discovery Center Rebate (PDF): Customers are eligible to receive a bill credit for the cost of one (1) adult admission ($16.00) See rebate form for additional details.
Savings Through Efficiency Program (STEP) STEP grant funds are available to institutional, industrial or commercial customers for equipment retrofits or innovative projects or devices which maximize the efficient use of potable water for approved uses. More information is available on the STEP grant application (PDF).
Water Efficiency Education Program (WEEP)
The WEEP grant funds educational displays, programs, projects or instructional media that teaches the importance of using water efficiently. More information is available on the WEEP grant application (PDF).
Authority customers are eligible for a free WaterSmart Checkup, a water use audit for homes and businesses. Checkups include a leak check at the customer’s meter, a review of landscape irrigation controller settings, and suggestions for more water efficient indoor appliances where appropriate.
Are you a commercial customer or a business owner? Learn more about rebates for commercial customers including savings on plumbing fixtures, landscape irrigation devices, food equipment, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, and medical and dental equipment.