Public access to Board and Committee Meetings
We’re committed to maintaining the highest level of transparency during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
Pursuant to Governor Newsom’s Executive Orders N-29-20 and 33-20, which in part, provide waivers to certain Brown Act provisions, meetings of the Board of Directors will be held by teleconference. There will be no physical location from which members of the public may participate. Instead, the public may listen and/or view the meeting proceedings and provide public comment and comments on agenda items by following these instructions:
To join this meeting via telephone, please dial:
1-669- 900-6833 or 1-253-215-8782
Meeting ID: 914 5802 3440
If you are unable to access the meeting using this call-in information, please contact the Board Secretary at (619) 409-6703 for assistance.
To provide public comment on non-agenda items or to provide public comment on any item of the agenda:
Before the meeting:
- Go to www.sweetwater.org; click on the “HOW DO I…” at the top of the page; and then click on the “Public Comment” link in the Contact section.
- Physically deposit your public comment in the Authority’s payment drop box located in the public parking lot at the Authority’s Administrative Office at 505 Garrett Avenue, Chula Vista.
- Mail your comments to 505 Garrett Avenue, Chula Vista, CA 91910 [Attention: Public Comment].
All written public comment submissions must be received 1 hour in advance of the meeting and will be read aloud to the Board during the appropriate portion of the meeting with a reading limit of 3 minutes for each comment.
During the meeting:
The Chair will inquire prior to Board discussion if there are any comments from the public on each item.
- Via Zoom Webinar go to Participants List, hover over your name and click on “Raise Hand.” This will notify the moderator that you wish to speak during Oral Communication or during a specific item on the agenda.
- Via phone, you can raise your hand by pressing *9 to notify the moderator that you wish to speak during the current item.
Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in a meeting should direct such request to the Board Secretary at (619) 409-6703 at least forty-eight (48) hours before the meeting, if possible. The above public comment procedures supersede any Authority standard public comment policies and procedures to the contrary.