Water Waste Prohibitions & Water Use Reduction Measures
Water should be used reasonably and productively at all times.
The following Water Waste Prohibitions and Water Use Reduction Measures are currently in effect for all customers.
|Water Waste Prohibitions||• Customers are to repair major water leaks immediately and minor water leaks within twenty-four (24) hours of discovery
• Customers are prohibited from watering lawns in a manner that causes runoff
• Customers are prohibited from watering lawns within 48 hours of rain
• Customers are prohibited from using potable water to irrigate turf on public street medians
• Customers are prohibited from hosing off sidewalks, driveways, or other hardscapes except as necessary for immediate safety or sanitary hazards
• Customers are prohibited from running fountains or other decorative water features unless connected to a recirculating system
• Customers are prohibited from washing automobiles with hoses not equipped with an automatic shut-off nozzle
• Restaurants and other food service establishments are to serve and re-fill water only upon customer request
• Operators of hotels and motels are to provide guests the option not to have towels and linens laundered daily
|Water Use Reduction Measures|
|Irrigation||• Customers are encouraged to restrict landscape irrigation with sprinklers to no more than 3 days per week between the hours of 6:00 pm and 9:00 am. A 30-day grace period is extended to customers establishing new lawns
• Customers are encouraged to use drip methods or hand irrigation whenever possible and prudent to water landscaped areas, including trees and shrubs that are not irrigated by a landscape irrigation system
• Customers are encouraged to restrict hose washing of parking areas, tennis courts, patios, or other paved areas to periods of immediate safety or sanitary hazards.
• Customers are encouraged to use an automatic shut-off nozzle when using a hand-held hose for spraying, landscape watering, trailer/vessel washing, or structure washing.
• Customers are encouraged to minimize the application of water to outdoor landscapes in a manner that causes runoff; such that no water flows onto adjacent properties, non-irrigated areas, private and public walkways, roadways, parking lots or structures.
• Customers are encouraged to limit the application of potable water to outdoor landscapes during and within forty-eight (48) hours after measurable rainfall.
• Customers are encouraged to use re-circulating systems for landscape and recreational water features.
|Commercial, Industrial, and Institutional||
• Customers are prohibited from watering non-functional lawns in commercial, industrial, and institutional areas, including common areas of homeowners' associations (HOAs).