Per California code of Regulations Titles 17 and 22, Sweetwater Authority is required to protect the public water supply from contamination by implementation of a cross-connection control program.
- The adoption of operating rules or ordinances to implement the cross-connection program.
- The conducting of surveys to identify water user premises where cross-connections are likely to occur
- The provisions of backflow protection by the water user at the user's connection or within the user's premises or both
- The provision of at least one person trained in cross-connection control to carry out the cross-connection program
- The establishment of a procedure or system for testing backflow preventers
- The maintenance of records of locations, tests, and repairs of backflow preventers