Providing safe, reliable water.
Your water bill is designed to help you easily understand your charges. Use this infographic (PDF) as a guide to the information printed on your water bill.
1. Subtract PRIOR READ from CURRENT READ to determine usage in hundred cubic feet (HCF) this billing period.
452 - 402 = 50 HCF (100 cubic feet = 1 unit of usage)
2. Calculate the Sweetwater Authority (SWA) and San Diego County Water Authority (SDCWA) Commodity Charges based on water usage according to the chart here.
1st 10 units: 10 x ($4.03 + $0.54) = $45.70Next 6 units: 6 x ($4.80 + $0.65) = $32.70Next 11 units: 11 x ($4.94 + $0.66) = $61.60Remaining 23 units: 23 x ($5.95 + $0.80) = $155.25
Total = $295.25
3. Calculate SWA Meter Charge and the SDCWA Infrastructure Access Charge according to the chart here.
$20.28 SWA Meter Fee for 5/8" meter+ 8.48 SDCWA Infrastructure Access Charge for 5/8" meter= $28.76
4. Calculate SDCWA and Metropolitan Water District (MWD) Pass-through Charges according to the chart here.
50 units x $0.30 = $15.00
5. Add totals from steps 1-4 together to calculate the total bill for two months based on this sample.$295.25$28.76+ $15.00= $339.01
Daily water use is determined by how many gallons per day your household used on an average day during the billing period. This value is calculated for you on your bill.